Definitions and interpretation
- Data - collectively all information that you submit to Daniel Barnett Whiterides Airport Transfers via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
- Data Protection Laws - any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
- French Data Protection - referring to your privacy rights according to French Law. https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/affichLoiPreparation.do;jsessionid=AD5660270AD9F70B94275AC823321680.tplgfr22s_3?idDocument=JORFDOLE000036195293&type=contenu&id=2&typeLoi=proj&legislature=15
- GDPR - the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
- Daniel Barnett Whiterides Airport Transfers, or us - Daniel Barnett Whiterides Airport Transfers, a company incorporated in France in 2009, whose registered office is at Whiterides, Chalet Les Marmottes, Chemin Des Vernettes, Savoie, 73210, France;
- User or you - any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Daniel Barnett Whiterides Airport Transfers and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Daniel Barnett Whiterides Airport Transfers and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
- Website - the website that you are currently using, www.whiterides.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a.the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c.a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d."including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
e.reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Daniel Barnett Whiterides Airport Transfers is the "data controller". This means that Daniel Barnett Whiterides Airport Transfers determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5.We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
b.contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
No payment details are collected by us on the Whiterides website. All credit card payments are made on our third party, secure payment provided, CIC Banque.
How we collect Data
6.We collect Data in the following ways:
a.data is given to us by you;
b.data is received from other sources; and
c.data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
7.Daniel Barnett Whiterides Airport Transfers will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
a. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
b. when you enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel;
c. when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
d. when you use our services;
Data that is received from third parties
8. Daniel Barnett Whiterides Airport Transfers will receive Data about you from the following secure third parties:
a. CIC Paiment - CIC Banque will provide details such as booking confirmations to Daniel Barnett Whiterides. However no payment details such as creditcard numbers are made available to Daniel Barnett Whiterides Airport Transfers or any employees.
Data that is received from publicly available third parties sources
9. We will receive Data about you from the following publicly available third party sources:
Data that is collected automatically
10. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example using the Cookies.
a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content, in the form of Cookies which are explained in full in the Cookie section of this page.
Our use of Data
11. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a.internal record keeping;
b.transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
12. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
13. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we use Mailchimp and direct email. We'll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
a.soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular service, and we are marketing similar services i.e. discounted transfers). Under "soft opt-in" consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
b.for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we'll provide.
c.if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed "Your rights" below.
Who we share Data with
14. We share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
a. third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data - Data is shared with Alp Systems https://alpsystems.com/en/transport/ when enquiring, making and completing a booking. The contact data we collect on www.whiterides.co.uk is stored securely on Alp Systems, and with us in email format. It is required to manage and complete your transfer booking efficiently allowing Whiterides to deliver the transfer service expected. ;
b. third party payment providers who process payments made over the Website - Whiterides links to CIC Paiment Service from CIC Banque France. https://www.cic.fr/fr/index.html where all payments are taken directly with CIC secure payment system. You are not required to input any payment details on to the Whiterides platform or any other third party service providers, i.e. Alp Systems. Therefore Whiterides and Alp Systems do not store any payment details, and only have access to a payment ID referencing that the payment has been made. ;
Keeping Data secure
15. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
a. we store only limited contact Data on third party secure servers
b. payment details are provided by you on our secure third party supplier CIC Banque, when completing a payment please refer to their Privacy, Terms & Conditions. https://www.cic.fr/fr/banques/particuliers/informations-legales/index.html
c. if, on your request, payment is put directly into the CIC system by Daniel Barnett Whiterides or an employee of whiterides, using credit card details that have been given over the phone by yourself, whiterides will not store these details in any form following the payment process which is completed directly through the CIC Banque secure third party payment software.
d. Daniel Barnett whiterides and it's employees will never ask for payment details via email and if you decide to give them this is at your own risk and we strongly advise not to do this.
16. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: [email protected]
17. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
19. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
20. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a.Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b.Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
f. Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
Links to other websites
21.To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: [email protected]
22. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority in the UK or France.
23.It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we provide the transfer service required.
Changes of business ownership and control
26. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
27. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
30.Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
31.This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
20 November 2018